Friday, April 16, 2010

How to Make a Cool Bookmark

I made one as part of my sister’s birthday prezzie, because I thought it would be cute as I got her two books.

So now I’m going to share how to do it! It’s really simple, but really cool looking.

Note that this is just how I did it and you can change it if you want to.

You will need:

A sheet of plain textured card

A sheet of patterned paper

A sheet of textured paper that you can easily write on

A shape punch

Glue

A glitter/metallic pen (like gel pens)

Scissors or a rotary trimmer if you have one

Cut two long, straight, slightly thin strips of card that are the same size, and fold them both in half separately


Glue them together


Use the shape punch to cut out eight shapes from the piece of patterned paper (note that if your shape does not go over the sides of the front of the bookmark, only punch four patterned paper shapes, and two textured paper shapes)


Use the same punch to cut out four shapes out of the textured paper


1 Glue on two patterned paper shapes on the front of the bookmark, one at the top and one at the bottom and do the same on the other side of the bookmark










On the underside of the bookmark glue the other shapes in the same place as the ones on the front, so that they are exactly in line

Glue the textured shapes in the middle of the patterned ones on the front of the bookmark

Repeat step six with the textured shapes

Write with the pen on the textured shapes, for example, ‘Nina’s Bookmark’


Enjoy your bookmark! :)

It’s really easy to make and very handy, because it doesn’t fall out of your book and you can see clearly where you marked your page. It’s a cool thing to make for your friends and family if you want to add a handmade touch to a birthday/ Christmas present.

If you want you can add embellishments to your bookmark, like stickers, glitter and rhinestones.

I’ll be posting more how-to types things later on, and also displaying pictures of the best cards I’ve made once I get around to taking pictures of them.

:)

p.s, For some reason on a couple of the steps the first word is cut out a bit. I've been trying to fix this but I can't because even though I edit the post it still cuts off the first word or a bit of the first word... >:( so sorry about that.


1 comment:

  1. What a great bookmark! Thank you for sharing the technique from beginning to end - I love tutorials.

    ReplyDelete